The VP/SVP of Sales and Service Customer Experience will set the vision and strategy to maintain and grow our consumer-facing sales and service organization into a valuable competitive advantage for Aura, with best-in-class quality and economics. Grounded in a deep understanding of Aura’s overall strategy and other functional areas, this leader will collect and present facts and data from the Operations team to influence the overall strategy, and ensure that their team’s strategy and capabilities expand and grow with the business. Reporting into the leader of the D2C channel, but supporting all go-to-market areas, this leader will work across the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that service strategy and learnings from the team are appropriately integrated into all major planning and execution discussions.
A Flexible Talent model means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Aura is authorized to do business. Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. Aura is authorized to do business throughout the U.S., but not in all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Aura is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Aura is registered.
We are not working with agencies for this role.
- Lead our network of insourced and outsourced agents to provide best-in-class experiences across multiple global sites, both internal and outsourced.
- Demonstrably drive revenue and retention efforts by testing and scaling cross-sell, upsell and external acquisition support efforts.
- Continually assess and evolve the organizational structure and staffing approach for all the teams, recommending and implementing a cohesive structure (and compensation plans) grounded in best practices.
- Evolve and expand our existing organization to respond to business strategy, proactively identifying and following through on opportunities for P&L impact.
- Serve as an internal voice of the customer, proactively and regularly seeking opportunities to collect, analyze, and communicate valuable insights to relevant internal audiences, and highlighting opportunities across the company.
- Develop and continually improve dashboard and KPIs, and reporting to drive quality, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction, and to provide customer insights to support other business areas.
- Drive a team culture that is engaged, disciplined, and highly motivated.
- Build strong, collaborative, internal partnerships with Performance Marketing, Brand and Product Marketing, Product Development, and D2C, B2B, and Employee Benefits leaders, Finance, and others.
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery, and a vision for how that contributes to the overall business strategy.
- Proven success transforming and modernizing customer operations to drive both customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Experience delivering top tier service with teams across multiple locations, hundreds of agents, insourced and outsourced, ideally in a consumer tech environment with complex compliance requirements.
- Highly results driven, with an ability to slice through complexity to prioritize and action those initiatives that will have the most significant impact.
- An ability to drive recommendations with compelling business cases, following through aggressively to deliver on ROI projections.
- The ability to articulate needs and opportunities across the sales and service organization, and drive consensus and commitment with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Familiarity with the relevant tech landscape, and the ability to select, implement, and leverage technology to support team efforts.
- A track record of creating a strong internal team culture that drives high performance and high employee engagement and satisfaction.
- An ability to spot great creative talent in hiring junior employees, and to develop them in their careers and as assets to the company with feedback, coaching, and thoughtful matching to assignments and role-- as well as an ability to decisively address under-performers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to articulate concepts clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization-- and to coach others to do the same.
- Deep experience in all facets of the role: hiring, training, forecasting, tools selection, compensation plans, workforce management, quality measurement, etc.
- Comfort using and mining data for performance management and for insights to drive the business
- Organizational skills and drive to consistently meet administrative and business deadlines independently and efficiently
- Strong project management and work-planning skills to manage deliverables on deadline, and to provide clarity and transparency across the team and organization.
- Start-up experience, with a scrappy and practical orientation, and ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment-- but some experience with a top tier service and tech brand is also preferred.