We are seeking a talented Software Architect to help develop and roll out the next generation of our advanced tools to support autonomous driving.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead software architecture decision making process, including generating engineering tradeoff studies exploring the decision space at the initial design stage or as problems arise.
- Continually drive alignment between product, technical requirements, architecture design and detailed implementation.
- Define and manage interfaces between software modules, generating design strategies to maintain useful abstraction barriers between components and facilitate appropriate information transfer.
- Analyze full system performance data (e.g. on-road performance data) to identify cross-system trade-offs, trace high-level issues back to requirements and specifications, and identify cross-module solutions for issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for software-level engineering questions and issues that may arise.
- Provide a view of technical risk to leadership based on system and software analysis and technology readiness.
What We're Looking For
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- 10+ years of experience working across subsystem boundaries and teams to solve a complex engineering problem
- Deep understanding of an engineering discipline that informs cross-system understanding of typical engineering problems
- Experience with safety-critical system design and associated techniques
- Experience using data analysis to answer system-level performance questions
- Experience working with both hardware and software systems is a plus
- MS or BS in computer science or related field
- C++ development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.