Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are hiring a Software Engineer to join the team. This position is located at our HQ in Burlington, MA.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and maintaining our Qt-based desktop slicing and build-preparation applications
- Driving the development of cutting edge slicer and build preparation features for our BMD and binder jet printers from inception to release
- Working closely with our Process Engineering team to translate process research into software implementation to improve part success, quality and printing performance
- 3 or more years of experience in a software engineering role.
- C/C++ programming
- QML application development
- Cross-platform desktop application development (Mac OS, Windows, Ubuntu Linux)
- Experienced in object-oriented design and development
- 3D printing experience
- Experience with g-code
- Background in 3D graphics
- Understanding of STL file format and mesh geometries
- CAD/CAM development experience
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.