Chewy is hiring a Software Engineer for our Order Management System (OMS) team in Boston, MA. The OMS is a critical part of our custom e-commerce platform that is responsible for all business processes that need to occur on customer orders. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as a technical contributor helping build Chewys next generation order management platform.
If you are looking for a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team this is the role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Integrate with critical teams like Checkout, Autoship, Payments to drive various solutions from concept to delivery and effectively run the bottom of the funnel business processes in Chewy
- Write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business impacts
- Play a critical role in developing a reliable and sustainable automated testing framework to improve the engineering quality and velocity
- Work in an agile development environment and collaborate with multiple teams while experimenting with new technologies helping create solutions that puts Chewy on the cutting edge
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years production experience creating modern web experiences
- Strong knowledge in Java and, Node JS, React JS or Vue JS
- Experience with REST API, Spring Boot, Hibernate, and JPA
- Experience in RDBMS as well as No-SQL such Dynamo DB
- Strong CI/CD Skills.
- Strong Test Automation Skills, Test automation experience (selenium, webdriver, mocha, jasmine, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Position may require travel
- AWS experience
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies