The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build test automation frameworks and infrastructure for our nextgen AV technology.
- Build technology to efficiently generate and execute test cases. Work closely with software test engineers to help author tests and generate test reports.
- Help develop strategies to implement continuous & graduated testing of builds/releases
- Provide a framework to enable traceability between product requirements, functional specifications and test cases.
- Build techniques & tools for automated assessments of simulation and their consistency with closed-course testing.
- Collaborate with leadership, test engineers, software engineers and experienced roboticists to implement collection of metrics/KPIs for evaluation of complex systems, coverage analysis, etc.
- Support the infrastructure on developer machines, cloud-based platforms, and integration with CI/CD pipelines.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork across locations is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 7+ years of experience with software engineering, including requirements gathering, object-oriented software design, design for testability, source control management, build processes, code reviews, software testing/quality engineering.
- 5+ years of experience and passion building test automation frameworks, tools or infrastructure.
- Fluency with test automation methodologies & patterns - principles & strategies, data-driven testing, test doubles, result verification, test organization, selection and efficient execution, etc.
- Experience with C++, Python (or other scripting languages).
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with autonomous driving, robotics systems or other distributed systems.
- Experience with safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C).
- Experience working with temporal or reactive processes.
- SW/HW/system integration tests and building benches.
- Data visualization, database manipulation using Python
- Experience working with Jenkins (or other CI system), Git, BitBucket.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment.
- Familiarity with Docker.