Hi Marley is a purpose-driven SaaS platform built for the insurance industry by people who know and love insurance. Designed to enhance customer trust and loyalty, Hi Marley enables hassle-free communication between the policyholder, insurance carrier and partners through a conversation SMS platform helping delight policyholders and achieve faster time to resolution. The platform uses industry-leading analytics to generate meaningful insights - enabling carriers to drive positive outcomes. Hi Marley has flexible APIs and requires zero integration to get started.
We are looking for a Senior API Engineer with extensive experience developing RESTful APIs serving both internal and external use cases. The initial responsibility will be helping Hi Marley expand the capabilities of our Public API to increase what our customers can accomplish via integrations. From there, we will look to this candidate to guide our Engineering team towards an Enterprise API to be used as a common interface for all Hi Marley products.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in API focused software development, excellent communication skills and the desire to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to deliver a lovable integration experience. The ability to work in a dynamic environment that is adapting as we grow is critical for this, and all roles, at Hi Marley.
What Youll Do:
- Work with our Product Management and Operations teams to develop our public API & integration capability and define our roadmap
- Work with broader Engineering team to define and develop an Enterprise API strategy to support both internal applications and customer integration
- Work with Hi Marley Customer Success and carrier IT Departments to support and provide architectural guidance as Customers integrate core systems with Hi Marley
- Develop best in class API documentation and example applications to facilitate simple loveable integration experiences for carrier stakeholders and IT departments
- Facilitate development of embedded applications for customer core systems by providing architectural guidance to 3rd party development teams (Guidewire Accelerators/Duck Creek AMIs/CRM plugins/etc.)
What Were Looking For:
- Proven experience creating RESTful APIs to be consumed by internally and by third parties
- Experience managing projects and working in an Agile work environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software in a team environment
- Development using AWS API Gateway, node.js, and serverless framework a plus
- Ability to break down complex business problems and recommend approaches within the constraints provided
- Excellent communication skills, calibrating conversations for varied audiences
- A leader and mentor to join our growing Engineering team
- BA/BS Preferred, but not required
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu I am because we are - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what were building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx