Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer in Boston, MA. Youll be creating innovative new products and services across the entire pet care lifecycle from adoption to ongoing pet healthcare. Helping us to realize Chewys vision of enabling pet parents everywhere to provide the highest quality of pet care at every stage of life. This requires thinking big, continuous innovation, a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation.
The ideal candidate will be adept at translating customer and business needs into innovative well-crafted products. You know how to create product experiences that enable pet parents, businesses and veterinarians to accomplish their goals in the most elegant and enjoyable way possible.
Deliver products and results
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to turn customer needs into products that deliver compelling value for the customer and the business. You have the ability to focus on the details while keeping the entire product experience front and center. You can plan your work and have the experience necessary to identify the right approach to any given design challenge. You hold yourself accountable using customer outcomes and business metrics at every step of the process.
You build trust across the organization by helping others achieve their goals so that you are able to push the boundaries of design and product innovation to benefit the customer. Your constructive communication style and openness to collaboration across the organization allows you to quickly build consensus and influence people across the design organization. The ability to be self-reflective helps you and your peers quickly learn and improve.
Think critically to solve problems
You are able to identify and analyze customer and business problems to identify the underlying needs that are critical to a successful product. You can clearly articulate the pros and cons of any proposed solution and how well solution meets customer needs. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs between time and effort to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer.
Craft high performing teams
You model and mentor your peers to help us create a high functioning team that is continuously learning and improving design delivery. You coach peers in the design skills you have mastered to continuously improve design quality and impact. When you see an issue, you act quickly to resolve or escalate it.
A day in the life as a Chewy Senior Product Designer
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Develop multiple solutions for a specific challenge that can be delivered across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and crisp management of priorities.
- Manage the design process for your projects from discover and concept ideation; through flows and wireframes; to full-fidelity prototype designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products.
- Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Nurture Chewys culture and principles within your team and the design practice.
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- 2+ years leading large-scale product design initiatives.
- A track record of delivering high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Experience in a core set of design skills including Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and User Interface Design.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions.
- Bachelors, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
- Experience working with complex product workflows for service businesses.
- Expertise in delivering designs across multiple surfaces.