Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookouts backend system supports a massive volume of data and an increasingly high level of demand, from data ingestion to delivery to dynamic analysis. Were looking for talented and motivated engineers to build core components and services, as well as to contribute to evolving the architecture. Were a small team working on a very large, modern system with a user base of millions, so youll get to work on a cutting-edge product and service on a large scale. Were responsible for building and maintaining several of the services powering the various Lookout applications. We build services in Ruby, Java and Scala, are hosted on AWS and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
- Design, build and maintain backend services providing high-performance, high-availability APIs to frontend developers, mobile client teams, external partners. This role is primarily focused on building and operating backend services.
- Create new services and extend existing ones in our large scale SOA architecture.
- Conduct unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing.
- Help us meet aggressive performance and scalability goals to keep us ahead of the dramatic growth happening in the security space.
- 2+ years of software development experience or have completed an internship in software engineering/development
- Excellent coding in both interpreted duck typed languages like Python, Ruby and compiled type safe languages like Java, Scala, C++, Rust, Go, etc.
- Interest or experience implementing RESTful and GraphQL APIs for backend services
- Demonstrated object oriented design knowledge on projects, or at internships
- You're a quick and avid learner and a natural problem solver
- Youre eager to learn to troubleshoot large scale operational systems and to contribute to a high functioning team, both in day to day operations as well as triaging and fixing bugs or implementing new features under the guidance of more senior teammates
- You appreciate the value of testing your code, and take the initiative to pitch in and help as issues arise
- Experience with git, JIRA, Agile Software Development methodologies