Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home.
As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
About The Team
The SEO team is responsible for optimizing our pages to make them more relevant to Search Engine Results Pages (think Google). Everyday people are searching for furniture or home improvement ideas online, it is our goal that those searches take them to a Wayfair page that wows our prospective customers. We cover everything from building specific content oriented features and landing experience to creating a platform automating our SEO workflow. Testing, measuring, and scaling rapidly to keep abreast of search trends, search-engine algorithm changes, and a whole lot more. We believe in the growth and evolution of the team along with our product and are not shy when it comes to picking up new ideas and technologies. Working with product management, marketing, and analysts - SEO engineering is working to democratize SEO within the organization. Striving to create a seamless, automated, and transparent SEO capability which leverages real-time feedback on the quality and indexability of the Storefront experience in order to make targeted optimizations of its content, layout, and structure with minimal engineering overhead.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the effort to create new and supercharge existing landing experiences for Storefront. Covering everything from prototype to production. Combining usability with visual design to create functional and attractive digital environments, ensuring great user experience.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and architects using strong communication and collaboration skills to evolve our UX strategy and build and maintain our frontend technology roadmap
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities
- Determine best practices and set standards for front-end web development
- You will operate in a fast-paced agile environment. Working in a synchrony with the team to deliver on commitments with high quality
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of front-end/web development, particularly with direct to consumer eCommerce website(s)
- Strong demonstrable background in architecting, documenting, and rolling out reusable components
- Strong experience with most of the following technologies: SASS/CSS, React/Redux, GraphQL, Webpack, Yarn/NPM, Responsive Design, Accessibility
- A natural collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence partners and peers at different levels
- Practical experience and ability to coach and advance the teams practices with pairing/mobbing, TDD, CI/CD
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.