Software Engineering Internship - Summer 2021
edX is excited to build our cohort for our 2021 Summer Engineering Internship program! Please note, we are currently hiring for candidates who have gone through a bootcamp for coding and/or are in search of a career change not related to their college education.This is a 12-week summer program that starts in June and ends in August. Note: The potential for full-time offers will be discussed around week 8. Full-time offers are not guaranteed and are based on performance and the organizations budget.
Given the circumstances of edX's return to in office work, this internship will be conducted entirely remote.
This is an amazing opportunity to participate in an internship with a transformative, educational, e-commerce, start-up whose mission is to reinvent the way people learn. As an intern for edX, you will work with an amazing group of innovators who are focused on the mission of offering interactive online courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from the worlds best universities and corporations.
Interns will join edX as a member of a squad dedicated to one of edXs key business initiatives, whether its product or platform-based. These squads complete work thats crucial to edXs product roadmap and success! There will be opportunities to collaborate with folks within your own team, with other interns, and with key stakeholders across the organization. We are hiring for two different teams, please see the descriptions for each team below.
Architecture would be a good fit for you if you enjoy doing backend work. and Experience in an IT help desk work is a nice to have but not a requirement! This team will be writing pipelines that containerize and operationalize, work on running an at-scale infrastructure service have have an understanding on how to deploy modern applications.
Data Engineering will work on building tooling to help DE or DS&A be more effective this summer and should have an interest in learning more about data and/or analytics. Python and SQL experience, front end experience understanding data/visualize are a good frame work for working with this team.
- Work up to 40-hours a week gaining real, full lifecycle software development skills on one of our engineering teams.
- Projects will be based on the work that the engineering teams are currently working on.
- Develop code, test your code, build software features, participate in software design, work on live tickets, and more!
- Work closely with a mentor who will offer guidance and support for anything -- this could be for help with coding projects or small tips like how to add an emoji in Slack
- Experience pursuing a bootcamp, technical training program, online certification, orself-instructed learning in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Knowledge of software development - youve worked on some cool projects
- You are organized, reliable, collaborative, intellectually curious, and deadline-oriented.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.