Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, weve raised over $90M in venture capital and were growing rapidly year over year. In addition to maintaining growth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Bevi is seeking a Global Commodity Manager to join our Sourcing Supply Chain team. The Global Commodity Manager manages sourcing strategies and activities to support Bevis key growth objectives across the new product development, NPI, production ramp, and sustaining engineering lifecycle. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Global Supply, and works collaboratively with Bevis Manufacturing, Quality, Hardware Engineering, and Operations team.
- Align commodity and sourcing strategy to meet Bevis business objectives for sustaining production, new product development & introduction, and research & development activities
- Lead/facilitate Supplier Quality initiatives including suppliers audits and source inspections
- Ensure security of supply while meeting on-time delivery and quality requirements from supply base
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering to influence technical design decisions, and identify suppliers to meet technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
- Define standard and custom product requirements; assist in aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Supplement management of the AVL (Approved Vendors List) for supplier selection and qualification
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, and technology
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Assist in managing contract manufacturing relationship including supplier performance, cost target, and inventory and order management activities
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Periodic travel to suppliers manufacturing sites, including international trips
- Minimum two years of experience sourcing with contract manufacturers
- Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
- Supply chain experience working with cross functional teams in a mechanical or consumer devices product company
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing practices and tools; and continuous improvement methodologies
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to assume a leadership role and make recommendations to cross-functional peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to be innovative on issues related to strategic sourcing and vendor relations
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost and inventory modeling, quotation analysis, material what-if scenarios, etc.)
- A background in engineering (BSME, BSEE, BSIE), business, or supply chain preferred
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and environmentally responsible investment options
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and Bevis... and composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability