Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As a Technical Architect, you will be a key member of the Technical Services team. You will lead in product architecture and application extension through custom development and integrations. This position requires a blend of those with strong technical aptitude and desire to grow in being a customer-facing technical consultant to our life science customers.
The Technical Architect will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best Senior Consultants and Solution Architects in the industry and learn best practices for software development and consulting, business analysis, solution design, enterprise software integration, and project management.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Develop custom solutions aligned to business and technology goals for Veeva customers
- Design and implement custom architecture, data visualizations, data migration, cloud-based integrations, application extensions, and Commercial/Development Cloud solutions
- Manage development projects, resources, and customer expectations/relationships
- Create internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Navigate project changes effectively, and remove barriers to customer success through a collaborative, results-oriented approach
- Partner with other Veeva teams (Services, Strategy, Business Consulting) to manage, track, and optimize customer success
- Uphold Veeva Vision and Values including Do the Right Thing and Customer Success
- Experience in software or technical consulting
- Experience in web services, scripting languages, and API-based development
- Experience working with SaaS/Cloud-based products
- Deep knowledge of business processes and technology landscapes in the life sciences industry
- Strong consultative skills, including directing complex projects, working with cross-functional teams, managing customer expectations, and helping to drive best practices
- Ability to work from home in support of multiple customers/projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% (No current travel due to COVID-19)
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.