Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Traffic Acquisition Analyst to join our Consumer Marketing team here at CarGurus! In this role, you will assess industry trends and marketing and product performance to inform investment decisions as well as owning data analysis across markets to optimize efficiency of our program. In this new position, you will work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Data Science and Finance to provide novel insights in support of our strategic decision-making. This role is a combination of analytics, strategy, and marketing. A successful candidate will love data, testing hypothesis, challenging assumptions, and understanding how different functional pieces work together to ultimately make recommendations based on data to accelerate growth.
What Youll Do:
- Own traffic forecasting and financial models to inform consumer marketing investment including analyzing historical performance as well as market, competitive and media landscape dynamics to determine efficient monthly budget across all markets
- Measure performance of existing initiatives and conduct data-driven analysis to identify optimization and growth opportunities.
- Develop quantitative analysis and ad hoc reports to support marketing decisions related to: marketing spend efficiency, user lifetime value, user engagement & retention, and return on investment
- Develop frameworks for forecasting, exploring trends, and spotting anomalies
- Conduct deep dives & analytical investigations into inconsistent trends in data
- Synthesize findings into meaningful insights and recommendations
- Communicate results, key insights and make recommendations to key partners and senior leadership
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of professional experience with a background in strategy consulting, finance or marketing/product analytics
- Bachelors degree in an analytical or social science major (e.g. math, statistics, economics) preferred
- Data-oriented with excellent strategic, problem-solving, and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical skillsetable to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into measurable strategic direction
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite required; experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.