You are a hands-on, results driven, engineering leader with experience building and managing a world-class engineering team. You understand startups and are able to maintain composure while navigating the fast pace of growth. The opportunity to change how millions of families build wealth and the prospect of bringing market beating rates of return to the masses excites you. You’ve been part of building a game changing consumer product before - maybe a couple of times - arriving early in the growth arc and growing with the company. Getting in early, while maybe not on the ground floor, is where you like to hop aboard.
With a deep understanding of our business, data, and technology, you’ll collaborate with management, engineers, and product team members to create and evolve the Knox platform, data infrastructure, and customer experience as we grow, innovate, and expand. You give your teams enough ownership and latitude that they are happy and fulfilled in driving the product forward. You’re always helping your teammates grow and learn.
You will be joining a team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You will be the leader who will run the engineering efforts of the company and develop the engineering culture. Your goal is to create a world-class engineering team and culture that delivers scalable, reliable, high quality code, that is the backbone of the business and our customer value proposition.
You should have a solid reputation for making a big impact. You are a seasoned manager who has a passion for and demonstrated success in building and leading world-class teams. In the beginning, you’ll be doing a lot of coding with your own hands. As we grow, you'll hire and lead a group of incredibly talented people to hit our aggressive goals.
Knox is based in Boston but you can be located anywhere.
- Build out the engineering team and set the engineering culture
- Have full command of the software development process, and introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help engineering and product teams deliver successful products
- Research, present, and make technical decisions with regard to foundational technologies and infrastructure
- Play an important role in developing the product roadmap
- Day to day management of engineers, ensuring action items are documented and followed upon
- Coordinate communication with Product Managers and designers, especially where additional scoping is needed
- Be the source of truth for status on product and engineering projects
- Partner closely with CEO, CPO, and product team to manage change as the team grows and shifts in structure
- Recommend new features for our product to help you do your job more efficiently
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in building technical products, and managing teams
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products, mobile apps, and/or services
- Strong vision and expertise to lead development activities across multiple domain areas including secure web-based applications, iOS, and Android apps
- Experience with Agile practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Market rate + meaningful equity + competitive benefits