Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark is seeking a VP of Growth marketing with a deep understanding of what it takes to develop and execute sustainable levers of growth across channels for a fast-growing direct-to-consumer brand. Reporting to the CMO, you will have the opportunity to build out and mentor a team while partnering closely with product, engineering, finance, and operations to deliver against the companys growth and ROI objectives.
This is an incredible opportunity to make an impact while managing eight-figure budgets as part of a fast-growing, well-funded startup making a difference in the lives of dogs everywhere.
- Establish quarterly OKRs for all paid channels and ensure that the team has a robust strategy in place to deliver.
- Lead acquisition efforts both hands-on and as a mentor.
- Develop channel strategies to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets with an eye toward cost-efficient growth and improving LTV:CAC.
- Create a culture of excellence and a clear system for understanding business priorities, aligning to them, and being accountable for delivering results.
- Partner closely with the creative and analytics teams to uncover insights and bring campaign creative to life for maximum relevance and impact.
- Partner with the CMO on brand strategy and market positioning.
- Inform the marketing technology stack including demand generation, marketing automation, and analytics.
- Ensure that people, processes, and tools are optimally set up, aligned, and integrated in order to achieve excellent performance and provide visibility and analytics on business results and effectiveness.
- Work closely with analytics to optimize the attribution model and forecast, track, and report on results to senior management and the board.
- 10-15+ years of DTC marketing experience, with expertise building and managing in-house, high-performance marketing teams, ideally having significantly scaled or managed a large budget across paid and organic channels
- 10+ years experience in DTC ecommerce, preferably at a high growth, early-stage company.
- Deep performance marketing expertise, with a track record of successfully testing channels, scaling campaigns, and implementing a robust marketing strategy
- Experience driving brand awareness and preference campaigns leveraging cross-functional teams
- Up-to-date background with paid platforms (e.g. Facebook/Instagram, Snap, TikTok, YouTube, Google, etc) and experience with offline (e.g. Podcast, audio, video) channels.
- Experience with CRO & CRM to drive sales growth and brand engagement.
- Analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with rigorous data tools
- Data-driven decision making within imperfect or incomplete information environments
- Strong leadership presence and ability to lead both directly and through influence to drive execution of a strategy in a complex organization with competing priorities
- MBA preferred.
If you fit most of these requirements and love working to improve health and longevity for dogs, we cant wait to hear from you!
This is a full-time position. Our offices are in Boston, MA. Our team is currently remote through COVID and will be back in the office when it is safe to do so. Title and compensation will reflect level of experience and expected contribution.
What we offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.