Business Analysis Manager
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Data Strategy & Execution, Business Analysis Manager will act as a corporate data steward, helping the enterprise efficiently capture and use information and as a resident expert in data availability, logical organization and relationships between data elements and business practices.
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Provide strong reporting and analytical information support to management team
- Leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
- Gather requirements for business processes and interface designs, develop test cases, and perform test execution
- Drive the advancement of Enterprise data infrastructure by designing and implementing the underlying logic and structure for how data is set up, cleansed, and ultimately stored for organizational usage
- Partner with various engineering and enterprise functions in adopting and informing data flow standards across ingestion, transformation, access, and publishing
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, configure, test, implement, and support both technical and business solutions
- Communicating results clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communications including metrics, validation reports and presentations
- Champion the standardization of processes that generate data elements used in analysis and maintain document on lineage and definitions of data elements to support consistent usage in analysis.
- Build robust systems and reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Work with the latest open-source tools, libraries, platforms, and languages to build data products enabling other analysts to explore and interact with large and complex data sets
- Establish forward looking Data and technology objectives and developing the strategies and actions for the team to achieve them
- Manage a small team through project deliveries, mentor other analysts/engineers and develop technical knowledge and skills to keep the enterprise on the cutting edge of technology
- Evangelize Enterprise Data Strategy & Execution Team mission and identify opportunities to influence decision making with supporting data & analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commitment to Excellence – Demonstrates resilience and determination to deliver with high standards. Exhibits attention to detail and a well-organized approach to problem solving.
- Structured thinking – Skilled at setting out ideas and thoughts in a logical pattern. Ability to develop process documentation, technical manuals, and instructions.
- Methodical approach – Practiced at breaking complex tasks into manageable segments and identify mitigation strategies to possible problems or stumbling blocks.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits ownership and accountability. Develops challenging but achievable goals.
- Technical Expertise - Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e., SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Server, Python, R, Snowflake etc.). Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications and understanding of cloud computing and Big Data applications
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creativity – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- 7+ years of experience as a Manager Data Analysis/Data Engineering
- 7+ years of proven SQL Server experience building and supporting Data Warehouse structures and supporting end user reporting tools such as Microsoft SSRS and Tableau.
- 3+ years of experience in integrations between CRM (salesforce etc.), ERP (Peoplesoft etc.) systems and various other enterprise applications
- Experience working with cloud data applications (data lake, cloud data warehouse, cloud analytical servers.) & Deep understanding of cloud computing
- Experience with big data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, kafka & other open-source tools)
- 3+ years’ experience using data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, d3.js or similar tools)
- Experience with migrating on-prem data infrastructure & services to Cloud (AWS, Azure etc.)
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.