Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking to hire a Business Analyst to join the Process Innovation team and work cross-functionally across the organization! This role will be focused on leading deep dive sessions to define and document processes, performing detailed requirement analysis, and working with multiple business functions to ensure the defined solution satisfies the need. This position will play an important role in critical initiatives, including improving our systems and launching new products, and will be responsible for gathering, brainstorming, recommending solutions, and gaining consensus on the best approach to achieve business goals.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine scope and vision
- Clearly identify project partners and work closely with these partners to understand requirements
- Elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business needs of our partners throughout the organization
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis
- Conduct interviews to capture requirements via workshops, questionnaires, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Use existing requirements gathering framework within the Process Innovation team and develop strategies for improving or further demonstrating these frameworks
- Assist in conducting research on products/tools to meet agreed up on requirements
- Document, analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Translate conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a manner that is clear and understood by developers and business partners
- Create process models, diagrams, workflow mapping, and charts to provide direction to developers and business partners and maintain this documentation throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Manage and supervise the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, refining as needed
- Manage competing resources and priorities, supervising deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
- Communicate changes, enhancements, modifications of business requirement and maintain all written documentation, clearly communicating and disseminating any changes to project sponsor and all other impacted business partners
- Drive process improvements across CarGurus by working cross-functionally with Enterprise Applications, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product teams
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in a business analyst function
- Experience working with and knowledge of Enterprise Application systems, including Salesforce, Zuora, Marketo.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented person with solid skills in developing collaborative relationships
- Relentlessly focused on incremental delivery, which is a staple of CarGurus culture
- Transparent communicator who is open, honest, and collaborative
- Creative thinker, with a passion for creative problem solving and customer centricity
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, and proud to take ownership
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.