ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
As the first Business Analyst for ezCaters Business Operations team you will be responsible for assisting in gathering critical information related to improving business processes & inefficiencies. Youll work directly with team leaders across an array of projects and functions in a fast-moving environment. The mission of the business operation team is to engage with key stakeholders through the business like Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and transform internal operations by deploying and integrating the right technology solutions. This team is more than just analysis and recommendations, it is about building it better to enable operational scale and speed throughout the business.
At ezCater we believe that great technology internally helps us deliver on our Culture Recipe (link) by ensuring that the business can be insanely helpful, aim higher, and move the needle on what matters. This position supports the Sr. Business Operations Manager in implementing innovative technologies, equipment, and solutions to improve the companys operations.
ezCater is an agile, dynamic culture that fosters and encourages cross team collaboration and requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements as we are a fast growing company. Successful leaders are those who have experience being in a hands-on technical (player / coach) leadership role.
What You'll do:
- Help shape ezCaters internal operations by working within the business operations team to evaluate current business processes, uncover areas for improvement, and implement solutions
- Partner across multiple Business teams and become an expert in their needs
- Work cross functionally to deploy reliable business solutions
- Conduct & perform requirements analysis and determine customer operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Perform data discovery and create roadmaps for solution implementation within Jira
- Deep dive analysis into third party software solutions for process improvement & risk mitigation
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams to provide strategic data needed to drive our business forward
- Interpret data and create executive-level assessments across multiple work streams
What You Have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a business analyst
- Previous experience with business intelligence & data analyst in a public company , familiarity with financial services & sales operations
- Previous experience working with or collaborating with IT engineers
- Previous experience with project management within Jira
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements as we are a fast growing company
- An effective communicator, having worked with both business and technically teams at different levels
- Ability to write business deliverables- including user stories- with minimal direction
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Worked with data warehouse and analytics tools like snowflake, tableau, and periscope
- Experience achieving and automating SarbanesOxley (SOX) controls is preferred but not a requirement
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.