Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking to hire an Analytics Manager to lead our team of analytics engineers in delivering data models across the company. We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong leadership skills and has experience collaboratively developing and leading technical and people strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of analytics engineers, developing subject matter expertise and trust to act as advisors to Product, Marketing, and other areas of the business.
- Own the CarGurus data modeling strategy by collaborating with other leaders in the org to define our goals and plan team work to drive those goals forward.
- Grow, develop, and coach the team, and provide mentorship to analysts across the organization.
- Participate in code reviews and guide the technical direction of the teams work.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, analytics engineer, or related field.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Professional experience developing and executing on a strategy for data modeling and reporting in the modern data stack we use Snowflake, DBT, and Looker.
- Expertise in SQL and data modeling, with the ability to understand the context of a business question and build a holistic answer.
- Familiarity with OLAP databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, or others.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Python.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.