Who We Are:
Neurala is a pioneer in custom vision artificial intelligence. On a mission to make vision AI more accessible, Neurala is the company behind Brain Builder: a SaaS platform that dramatically reduces the time, cost and skills required to build and maintain production-quality custom vision AI solutions. Founded in 2006, Neurala’s research team invented Lifelong-DNNTM (L-DNN) technology, which reduces the data requirements for AI model development and enables continuous learning in the cloud or at the edge. Now, with customers in the drone, robotics, smart device, industrial inspection and AI professional services verticals, Neurala’s technology has been deployed on 30 million devices globally.
Are you interested in finding ways to apply your C++ development skills to help shape the next generation infrastructure, that will power Artificial Intelligence in a variety of application domains? Our AI framework, runs on a variety of CPU and GPU architectures, in desktop, mobile and embedded hardware. Making usable AI a reality on these platforms requires careful planning on how execution is split between CPU and GPU.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Further develop the Neurala AI SDK for a variety of Linux-powered PC and embedded platforms
- Help us optimize our build systems for expanding scope of target hardware configurations
- Implement - and also help our clients implement - AI applications with the Neurala SDK
- Optimize the SDK on a variety of platforms using frameworks such as CUDA and OpenCL
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2-3 years of C++ software development experience
- Experience in building and packaging software with CMake, GIT considered a big plus
- Demonstrated expertise with C++ with at least one of std::thread / OpenCL / CUDA
- Deep interest in leveraging the full capability of an underlying HW platform, including GPUs
- Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Commitment to achieving objectives, results driven and adept at resolving competing priorities
- Understand what S&P 500 level customers expect in terms of quality
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong work ethic; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected characteristic.