Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Ready to change the standard of care for dog owners across the globe? Embark is looking for a visionary storyteller with a love of words who can head campaign and sales content for our dog owner audience.
The person in this position will work with a high-performing team of growth marketers, content creators, and designers to bring our dog DNA test the most accurate and highest-rated on the market to pet owners. They will convey the many benefits of Embarks product through social media, paid ads, and creative campaign content.
What youll do:
- Pair with Embarks internal creative team and outside agencies to ideate campaign concepts and plans
- Plug into the process to create visionary copy and content guidelines for seasonal campaigns and evergreen ads
- Lead copywriters and freelancers to create compelling and successful content experiences to drive sales
- Write and edit scripts, ads, landing pages, banner copy, contests, and more
- Ideate on testing plans to help us create better, more impactful content for our dog owner audience
- Edit content to ensure grammatical accuracy, AP style, message clarity, and a consistent voice throughout all content.
- Understand and translate Embarks brand and style guidelines into content.
- Meet aggressive deadlines at a fast-moving tech start-up that carries out multiple campaigns a year.
What experience were looking for:
- 4-5 years experience as a content strategist for large, multi-platform campaigns
- Experience working with designers and creative teams to create copy plans and guidelines to a larger brand vision
- Experience managing and coaching copywriters and freelancers to complete professional copy experiences across multiple platforms (video, static ads, landing pages, etc.
- Strong writing and storytelling foundation ability to conceive and execute fresh ideas that will educate and delight audiences.
- Has experience working independently and managing projects with many moving parts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pet industry and dog owners a plus
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.