You will be joining a global team of passionate Career Development Advisors who excel at coaching international business graduates to win jobs. We support our international students to win jobs “out of market” or in a region in which they don’t have automatic visa work rights. Our students have achieved exceptional success with 99% achieving a switch in role, function or industry. Although finding work outside of home market is challenging, we like to say that the only limit on success is the extent of one’s imagination, will, and drive.
As a Career Development Advisor for the students in the Masters programs you will be responsible for inspiring, guiding, and directing students as they explore career options, define a target, plan their go to market strategy, and secure their next employment after Hult.
Although the traditional resume tune ups are still a part of the Advisors job, you will work with student to empower them to compete in the emerging AI driven market-place. At Hult, students develop resumes and their LinkedIn personas with the use of AI driven software. With the intelligent guidance of AI systems and the automation of many of the administrative and editorial aspects of resume development, Hult Career Advisors focus on value added and strategic job search planning, career pathing, employment coaching and job targeting to maximize post-graduation success.
- Provide career advising to students in the Business Administration programs. Advise students on job targets, positioning, interviewing tactics, salary negotiation and LinkedIn and personal branding.
- Manage a cadre of students on the journey to successful employment. This includes sharing knowledge on the state of the rapidly growing graduate level job market, setting expectations around what to expect during the job search, and coaching students to capitalize on new job titles and opportunities.
- Work with students to help them build and leverage their existing networks, and to build new relationships in order to gain access to their own job opportunities. Support them to intelligently navigate the Hult Alumni Ecosystem and to participate in #HultHIresHult job opportunities.
- Collaborate with global Career advising colleagues in Boston, London, Dubai and Shanghai to educate students on job opportunities in the US and in global markets.
- Utilizing Salesforce and other leading-edge educational technologies, manage the student and educational career journey in a 360 collaboration with Academics, global Career Advisors, Corporate Relations, Hult’s international visa team and other Hult staff supporting the student journey. Track advising notes and employment success in Hult’s systems.
- Experience working with populations who are eager to hone skills, transition to new careers or functions, internationally or domestically.
- Business Analytics: familiarity with recruitment practices, most in demand roles and skills and overall market dynamics, regionally and nationally.
- Strong sense of local, regional and global business and related hiring trends. General awareness of global employment opportunities.
- Previous career advisory experience and knowledge of career counseling practices is highly valued but not a showstopper.
- Talent recruiters looking to make a job change are encouraged to apply.
- Brings a sense of innovation, creativity, and energy to the role interacting with students, staff, faculty, and external constituents.
Application close date: June 30, 2021
Position start date: August 2021
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States of America to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.