We are looking for an Associate to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to transform complex client requests into business requirements that our development team utilizes to create insurance billing and formatting rules.
But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are an analytical thinker who thrives on solving complex problems. You are someone who demonstrates excellent communication skills and has a keen ability to find the root cause of issues and communicate complex needs clearly. You pay attention to details and enjoy managing multiple projects with competing priorities and stakeholders.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Manage customer satisfaction from initial request to client-facing resolution
- Research, create, and test claim billing logic to resolve complex insurance and provider issues
- Become a go-to resource for in-depth understanding of the healthcare claim submission process and payer billing requirements
- College degree or 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong interest in problem-solving and an aptitude for logical thinking
- Familiarity and comfort around web/software applications and a basic understanding of cloud-based SaaS
- Experience with healthcare revenue cycle, and claim formatting and coding requirements is a plus but we can teach you that if you dont know it yet!
We are open to remote candidates who are available for collaboration and meetings during East Coast business hours (generally between 9am and 4pm Eastern time).
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.