Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veeva Vault Clinical Data Management System (CDMS) is changing the way clinical data is managed in the industry. Vault CDMS combines EDC, coding, data cleaning, and reporting into one application. Gone are the days of complex integrations that limit clinical data availability, now research teams can make faster and more informed decisions.
Veeva Systems is looking for Consultants who have life sciences software configuration experience specifically in helping customers optimize the use of EDC in running their clinical trials. EDC design and configuration experience and a working understanding of how data is managed, cleaned and reported.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work with customers to review and understand clinical protocol requirements and prepare, review and finalize all project specifications applying industry and Veeva best practices
- Participate in Vault CDMS Product team discussions to convey data management activities, challenges and end user expectations.
- Configure forms, rules and other study items with Veeva Vault CDMS product during development
- Conduct on-site or remote user acceptance testing with the customer including coordination of all feedback, resolution of issues and acceptance of the study
- Support requirements gathering and specification creation process for all study integrations and go live activities for the study to ensure a smooth transition of the study to the customer
- Act as the customers trusted advisor to ensure that the study trial design is configured in such a way that it meets the customer's goals and offers the full benefits of Veevas CDMS application
- Notify project management of project risks and develop contingency plans as necessary and assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Participate and contribute to process product, or best practices initiatives and support developers and testers during the project lifecycle
- 2+ years experience in end to end data management related activities (database design, data collection, data analysis, query resolution, datasets, statistical reporting)
- 2+ years experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in clinical operations, and/or trial management in a project management/consultant role
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial processes (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations) as they relate to design, document, and data collection - demonstrated success with customers during project assessment, planning, development, training and implementation.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 20-25% (may include international)
Nice to Have
- Experience in interpreting clinical protocols and translating requirements into software specifications including writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Working understanding of data management standards and guidelines (GCDMP, CDISC, SDTMIG, CDASH).
- Experience working with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical technologies
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- Familiarity with CDISC, ODM and other data management industry standards
- SaaS/Cloud experience in the delivery of clinical trials
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Consulting experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness program
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].