A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
The role of Outpatient Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist/Educator is a key part of Devoteds Quality & Risk Adjustment strategy. This position helps to ensure clinical documentation integrity and ICD-10-CM coding by engaging and educating our provider partners. The Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist will perform these duties in accordance with ICD-10 CM coding guidelines, internal coding protocols and CMS guidance. This role will lead provider education and training related to diagnostic documentation and coding. Will need to travel 1-2 times each quarter to a Devoted market to provide clinical documentation education to providers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform Clinical Documentation Improvement medical record reviews based on organizational priorities. Utilize a compliant query process to ensure the accurate severity of illness of Devoteds members is reported.
- Ensure RAF score and payment accuracy through provider engagement.
- Ability to work independently with providers to present on condition focused clinical indicators.
- Ability to analyze needs and trends to ensure our solutions are meeting practice needs and expectations
- Interaction with various team to develop and improve suspect logic and technology solutions
- Drive market introduction and roll-out of technology solutions that ensure accurate RAF is reported
- Develop and lead provider education regarding trends and areas of opportunity regarding compliant documentation and coding practices.
- Assist CDI Manager by making recommendations for process improvements to further enhance documentation and coding quality goals and outcomes.
- Handle other related risk adjustment and documentation duties as required or assigned.
- Remain current on ICD-10-CM coding guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic Guidance and CMS Risk Adjustment guidance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Clinical experience preferred but not required
- 3+ years as an outpatient CDI or 5+ years in risk adjustment coding/auditing
- Relevant certification through AAPC, AHIMA or ACDIS
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering provider education
- Experience working with risk adjustment technology solutions
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoteds mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.