As a Cloud Architect you will play a pivotal role in Motionals cloud-first strategy by designing and supporting complex cloud solutions to enhance the user experience of our project teams and customers. You will work in a fast-paced, complex environment where you will have the freedom to apply your skills and make a significant impact to the success of the business.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
- Lead the process of defining and refining our corporate cloud strategy including delivering for critical capabilities in DevOps, Machine Learning, Simulation, and large data infrastructure.
- Engineer, design and deliver complex and highly resilient cloud solutions following leading industry and vendor best practices.
- Assist our various business units in setting up their cloud environments, offering design improvements, providing governance and mitigating risks.
- Maintain high quality of service by developing metrics that demonstrate overall health and performance of cloud environments to ensure they are operating at peak service.
- Liaise with our corporate finance teams to analyze cloud spend and provide input in developing efficient cost models.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing high quality results.
- Perform as subject matter expert by keeping up with emerging technologies, challenges, and capabilities across cloud platforms and services.
- Partner with cloud providers to continuously evaluate cloud offerings and determine the benefits to our company including running proofs of concept.
- Experience managing complex AWS environments to include numerous AWS services such as Landing Zone/Control Tower, IAM, vPC, s3, LB, TGW, ACM, Route 53, DX, private link, etc.
- Scripting skills and developing automation using tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS cost control systems such as EDP, saving plans, spot instances, reserved instances, etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Strategic, innovative, and ever curious, challenging the status quo and planning ahead to our advantage.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience designing and architecting complex cloud solutions.
- AWS certifications preferred
Why you Should Join Us
- We subscribe to the Art of the Possible when evaluating and designing solutions for our business.
- You will work with global engineers to implement solutions that enable them to evaluate complex models and data which plays a large part in the development of a safe, reliable, and accessible autonomous vehicle.
- Youll be part of a growing global organization focused on high tech solutions and investing in forward thinking technologies across platforms.