The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Solutions Architect - Data Replication
Candidates please note: This role can be located anywhere on the East Coast of the United States.
About the role:
As an EDB Postgres Solutions Architect - Data Replication, you listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales engineers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to EDB BDR (Bi-Directional Replication) https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/bdr/latest/
The role works hand-in-hand with the sales and partner teams to introduce EDB Postgres BDR to a set of customers who are powering the emerging technology economy - where the success of their business is directly tied to the EDB Postgres platform. You will help prospective customers understand the power of EDB Postgres BDR through high velocity and impactful technical business activities working closely with the EDB Postgres cloud operations team to run pilots, explain the technical aspects of the solution, and resolve any potential roadblocks.
EDB Postgres BDR Solutions are for very high availability and geographically distributed workloads on multi-master PostgreSQL clusters, including data movement to or from Postgres, Oracle, and SQL Server clusters
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical roadblocks.
- Manage the technical relationship with EDB customers, including overseeing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype EDB BDR product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, using best practices, on EDB Postgres Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
- Experience EDB (formerly 2nd Quadrant Bi-Directional Replication) or other replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate or Similar
- Experience with infrastructure architecture including storage, compute, database, and networking.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to OLTP and big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems for software centric businesses who reach users/businesses through an app/platforms (e.g., Marketing, Data/Analytics, DevOps, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- An understanding of Postgres or other enterprise database platform
- Experience with infrastructure architecture including storage, compute, database, and networking
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.