This role is based within our Customer Development team here at Mimecast and we are looking for an exceptional person with strong sales skills. The Customer Development team is a high velocity sales environment that is growing rapidly. The Customer Development team handles current Mimecast accounts throughout the United States.
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated, strong team player with a proven track record of success in generating upsell and high retention rate of customers. A good understanding of the corporate technology stack as well as cloud computing will be beneficial. A strong work ethic is vital in this competitive marketplace. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, agile but well-structured sales environment that is regularly reinventing itself.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual upsell revenue
- Work with the Partner / Channel Development team to develop and execute against account plans
- Develop and execute against sales activity plans to achieve the agreed revenue quota
- Travel throughout the year to various customers for account reviews
- Focus on building and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
- Responsible for selling new technology into existing customer base and driving incremental revenue opportunities
- Business Administration –manage the reporting of KPIs and general CRM housekeeping
- Sign up to and execute against a set of end-to-end sales methodology and process
- Monitor and report on activities while providing relevant management information
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, aid business, and develop organizationally
- Attend trainings and develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Weekly end user activities
- Pipeline stats – pipeline movements
- Forecasting accuracy
- Customer retention
- Account penetration and incremental growth
- Monthly in-person customer visits
- College degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 plus years IT sales experience (ideally within Email / Messaging / Security / Storage - but not essential)
- Proven sales achievement against revenue quota.
- Ideally with experience of both Direct & In-Direct sales roles.
- Understanding of Corporate IT teams and their buying processes
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Self-starter, dynamic, confident presentation
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of their team members
- Thirst for knowledge and a “can do” attitude
- Problem solver
- Proven team player
- Presentable, articulate, and adaptable
- Comfortable with a high performance and dynamic environment
- Ability to be confident and to show humility
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed theirown pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants toindividuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conductedby the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.