Mimecast is seeking an experienced Commercial Lawyer to work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced, global legal team within a growth driven, public, cloud-based email management solutions and cybersecurity company.
This is a new and exciting role focusing on customer and channel partner deal negotiations but with a mixed workload providing in-house legal support globally.
As a key member of the global legal team supporting all Mimecast regions, you will need strong analytical skills, the ability to assess and mitigate contractual risk, excellent communication skills and the ability to work to a high standard within tight deadlines.
This is an energetic, solution driven environment and you will be required to negotiate contracts with customers from many different industry sectors as well as channel partners. You will work alongside and advise key stake holders and business partners across the company including sales, marketing, finance, engineering and customer operations.
Reviewing, negotiating and advising upon commercial contracts including:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Services Agreements (as Vendor and Customer)
- Data Processing Agreements (CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA)
- Channel Partner Agreements
- Technology Alliance Agreements
- Complex Vendor Agreements
- Software License Agreements
- Drafting contractual provisions and standard terms
- Reviewing and updating contractual templates and maintaining version control
- Contractual policy and process development and creating playbooks and other materials to help our go to market teams
- Legal research
- Providing support for legal operations initiatives and representing the legal team in cross-functional project meetings
- Assisting with legal due diligence and other ad hoc corporate matters
- The successful candidate will have a J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing and have substantial experience of contract negotiation within an in-house legal team or law firm.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years post qualification experience working within the technology (preferably SaaS) industry
- Experience with GDPR and other privacy laws and/or IP Law would be an advantage
- Experience with Public Sector procurement would be an advantage
- A proven record of drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously with initiative and confidence.
- Strong commitment and desire to be a reliable teammate to the greater Legal team.
- Be able to demonstrate sound commercial acumen and an ability to recognize and balance risk appropriately.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload
- A “can-do” attitude and flexible approach.
The role is based in Lexington, MA with the possibility of occasional travel to other Mimecast locations.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.