Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismics platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
What you will be doing:
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements for customers, vendors and partners. Negotiations may be via email, over the phone or via videoconference.
- Work with internal clients to advise on negotiation strategy and ensure the contemplated legal terms will meet business needs over the long term.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from the sales team and other members of the business.
- Provide legal guidance regarding contract interpretation matters and general business matters.
- Work closely with a small team to further Seismics business objectives.
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team and internal stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
What you will bring to the team:
- JD, with admission to at least one bar.
- 3+ years negotiating commercial contracts, with a preference for experience negotiating in-house at a SaaS company.
- This position is open for a remote location, but you must be able to provide support during East Coast business hours.
- Practical experience in SaaS contracting and solid knowledge of commercial, contract and privacy law.
- Experience supporting the sales team of a fast-paced business and growing organization.
- Comfortable with live negotiations and can provide creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Excellent communication skills and can summarize complex issues for stakeholders across the business.
- Strong client service orientation, with high emotional intelligence and the ability to perform well under pressure.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.