The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
You will own EDBs Competitive Marketing efforts - including product, technology and roadmap analyses - and lead our response with our Marketing and Sales teams. You will bring deep technical expertise, strategic thinking, marketing experience and strong communication skills. Your efforts will enable EDBs Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams to advantage EDB through competitive differentiation that our customers recognize.
- Conduct ongoing, in-depth analysis of identified competitors including their products, technology, roadmap and strategic investments
- Create customer-ready marketing and sales materials that highlight EDBs advantages for our customers over competitive offerings
- Drive competitive marketing campaigns working with Marketing and Sales to incentivize customers of competing products to switch to EDB
- Leverage your competitive insights to continually train Marketing and Sales
- Share your insights with key customers to support Sales in strategic opportunities
- Provide insights and recommendations on key competitive and industry trends as part of EDBs roadmap planning efforts
- 3+ years B2B software experience with a B2B software company or consulting/market research firm in a competitive intelligence, product marketing, or product management role
- Demonstrated experience in competitive analysis and response for B2B software/SaaS products for technical buyers
- Excellent research, analysis and synthesis skills combined with strong written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working closely with Marketing, Product Management and Sales to respond to competitive initiatives
- Experience in databases, data management or enterprise infrastructure solutions cloud computing/SaaS
- Experience in open source technologies
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technology field
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.