Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veeva Vault Clinical Data Management System (CDMS) is changing the way clinical data is managed in the industry. Vault CDMS combines EDC, coding, data cleaning, and reporting into one application. Gone are the days of complex integrations that limit clinical data availability, now research teams can make faster and more informed decisions. The role will be instrumental in shaping our industry by giving customers options to migrate and consolidate EDC systems into Vault CDMS.
Veeva Systems is looking for a Senior Consultant who has deep data management expertise and is experienced in helping customers optimize the use of EDC in running their clinical trials. The ideal candidate will have experience designing forms and rules in EDC but also understand how data flows into downstream systems, its management, cleaning, and reporting.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Review and finalize all project specifications applying industry and Veeva best practices where possible
- Develop source to target EDC Migration mapping specifications
- Configure Veeva products during development
- Lead customer requirement and testing sessions
- Act as the customers trusted advisor
- Notify project management of project risks and develop contingency plans as necessary
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the project life cycle
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following data management related activities in EDC (database design, data collection, data analysis, datasets, statistical reporting)
- Direct experience with EDC systems
- Good understanding of how data in one system flows to connected systems and the impact
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Proven track record of meeting project timeliness/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer Science, Life Science or related degree
- Ability to travel 10-20% (may include international)
Nice to Have
- Hands-on data management experience
- Experience migrating Clinical Systems especially EDC systems
- Experience working with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical technologies,
- SaaS/Cloud experience in the delivery of clinical trials
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Consulting experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].