The Consumer (B2C) Sales team is looking for a Manager, Strategy & Operations to drive strategic initiatives to build a world-class sales organization at Wayfair. This is an opportunity to wear multiple hats and own end-to-end processes, from ideation to implementation. You will be in a highly visible, cross-functional and impact heavy role with P&L responsibility. If you have an interest in constantly improving the experience of hundreds of sales agents and millions of customers who are seeking shopping assistance, thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments, are organized and detail-oriented, can wear analytical hats, and have solid communication and relationship building skills then we encourage you to apply!
What youll do
- Test & Learn: Develop innovative ideas that question the status quo, devise a testing agenda to prove the concept and utilize data to decide if/when you should launch those ideas (example: how do we provide the right information and tools for our sales agents to serve customers effectively?). Partner with sales managers and cross functional stakeholders to design incentives and programs for sales teams, set KPIs, deep dive on data insights and march against execution plans (example: what incentives will boost the number of Wayfair Credit Card applications across the network?)
- Launch & Growth: Own the PM process to ensure that programs & initiatives launch as planned. You will need to wear multiple hats and collaborate with teammates who will challenge you and help you grow.
- Build strong relationships with the frontline teams: Partner with our sales managers and agents to build and deliver an world class customer experience
- Partner cross-functionally: Join forces with analytics, data science, engineering, product management and sales enablement teams to execute on strategic priorities
- Examples of strategic initiatives include: devise new ways to smartly route the right customers to the right agents to maximize customer happiness, launch & scale sales teams in new languages / new geographies, build and implement policies & contests to improve agents experience and reduce attrition
What youll need
- 5+ years of work experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Track record of driving tangible results across teams in a fast paced / ambiguous environment
- Ability to build trust and influence with senior executives, sales agents and cross functional partners
- Crisp, clear, tailored communication and an affinity for socializing complexity with ease to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in Excel, ability to handle and read data, ability to extract insights and trends to provide recommendations/ drive actionable solutions
- Experience with database queries / SQL / Google Big Query / Looker is a plus (not required)
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial and ownership mindset
- A strong desire to see the team around you thrive
- A get stuff done mentality with a highly collaborative attitude
- An insatiable appetite to understand why something is the way it is (customer needs, backend data infrastructure, data science models, test results, etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.