The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
As a leader in the open source database market, EDB is at the forefront of business modernization for some of the largest, most successful organizations around the world. And with 45 consecutive quarters of annual recurring revenue growth, we are moving fast. Come join our smart, dynamic, madly talented team as we drive EDB into our most exciting phase of opportunity and growth.
About the Role:
This role requires a creative, proactive, innovative problem solver who can drive strategic projects and effectively communicate EDBs brand story. The Content Marketing Manager will create content that supports key marketing programs and branding initiatives. With the support of subject matter experts, this individual will author and edit well-researched, in-depth content. This key contributor will offer creativity and fresh ideas. They will understand how to bring those ideas to fruition through campaigns, across marketing functions, in the fine details, and in the big picture.
- Produce educational, engaging content that moves our target personas through the sales cycle including: Blog posts, expert video interviews, explainer videos, demos, infographics, case studies, eBooks, white papers, social media posts, executive presentations, and other content forms as needed.
- Work with marketing leadership to develop content themes that align with strategy, and manage execution of content.
- Provide creative direction on design, video, and content formats to help EDBs brand across all channels.
- Support integrated content campaigns, including copywriting and design of on-brand display ads.
- Work with senior leadership, including the CEO, to produce content such as articles, blog posts, and presentations.
- Provide support for the corporate blog, including posting blogs, managing, editing, and proofreading the work of contributors, and applying SEO guidelines to optimize content.
- Lead agile processes as needed for communications and content scrums, facilitating stakeholder meetings, managing epics and tasks, helping to identify obstacles in the process, and regularly reporting on progress of content projects.
Creative and proactive problem solver who can drive strategic projects and effectively communicate our brand message
- 3-5 years experience as a content creator/marketer, marketing manager, copywriter/designer, or similar role
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing) in English
- Willingness and ability to help content contributors improve their work
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers in a matrixed and global marketing organization
- Ability to work well independently
- Love to hustle and work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or other relevant field
- Previous experience marketing to developers and/or for B2B technology companies
- Hands-on experience with content creation, analytics, and social media tools (e.g., Oktopost, Drupal, Google Analytics, Marketo, Vyond, Hootsuite, and other website publishing tools)
- Ability to create branded visuals and write engaging copy
- Familiarity with Jira project tracking software (or similar) is a plus
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.