6 Month Contract
Wayfair is seeking a 6 month Contract Production Manager to oversee production for a new pilot video commerce program. This person will play a hands-on role in defining our production strategy and driving line production for live and pre-recorded video featuring dynamic talent of various backgrounds. In this role, the production manager will act as a cross functional driver between our merchandising, content production, and logistics teams as we scale an exciting new way of engaging with our customers.
As our Production Manager, you will bring your production expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to help us develop, plan, and execute several long form video productions. Specifically, you will help develop and drive a production schedule, manage our spend, and collaborate with our cross functional teams (creative, merchandising, content development, logistics) to produce and launch our commerce videos.
The Wayfair Creative team is a full-service in-house agency that features art directors, writers, designers, and stylists, that produce high-performing advertising assets and inspirational content that reaches millions of customers every day. In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Integrated Production, and work side by side with senior creative leaders from across the organization.
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple productions simultaneously (2-4)
- Manage risk assessments, and identify downstream roadblocks quickly addresses and escalates as needed
- Responsible for developing and tracking production budgets
- Prepares and drives production related communication
- Develop and adhere to a production schedule
- Cultivate new on-air talent through casting alongside our content strategy team
- Source, negotiate and maintain production relationships
- Establishes and cultivates trust with creative teams, and cross-functional leaders
- Works with cross-functional teams to meet goals and drive deadlines.
- Acts as a strategic production partner to cross-functional partners, understanding our programs goals and influencing upstream decisions.
- Evaluate our ongoing productions and periodically make adjustments to raise the bar on quality or efficiency
- Travel to set may be required
- 5-10+ years of experience in video production experience
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and shows good judgment on where to invest
- Evidence of a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Solution-oriented and passionate about driving positive outcomes
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective and influential communicator with the ability to tailor style based on the audience
- Experience in live or entertainment production is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.