Who We Are:
Become a Creative at Wayfair, home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. Our in-house creative agency is a world-class team of brilliant minds, comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from email to direct mail, to site work, social, TV, and beyond.
Wayfair Professional, Wayfairs specialty brand for Interior Designers, Contractors, and more, is seeking a full-time freelance Copywriter with proven experience writing for a retail audience and a strong interest in furniture and design. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the e-Commerce landscape. If that peaks your interest, keep reading. This is a 6-month contract.
What Youll Do:
- Under the guidance of the Creative Director, ACDs, and in close collaboration with your design partners, concept and write short- and long-form copy across marketing channels and brand touchpoints, such as omni-channel campaigns, email content, case studies, editorial site content, and beyond.
- Use Wayfairs wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively producing creative that supports (and furthers) those objectives.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. Its not a small or easy task, but its a fun and rewarding one.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 4 years experience writing for a retail audience (either in-house or at an agency). Ideally, youve worked with both digital and print.
- Deeply obsessed with home furnishings, interior design, and style, with a sincere interest in the retail industry.
- Proven ability and experience writing knock-your-socks-off short- and long-form copy.
- Passionate about the creative process of writing as well as the mechanics and finer points of proper grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
- Endlessly curious about the customer their passions, needs, and pain points.
- An expert collaborator and someone who works well with other writers and designers.
- Strong ability to articulate your ideas and opinions and self-advocate, with proof points to ground them.
- Known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong belief that an organized Creative is a successful Creative.
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.