The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the U.S.
We seek an experienced Corporate Counsel who takes pride in being a legal generalist with significant experience creating, negotiating, and managing corporate contracts and have working knowledge of the data privacy and information security laws throughout the world. Whoever fills this role will represent EDBs Legal team in a contracts-focused capacity, but will also assist with data privacy and information security projects. Contracts focus will require significant experience focused on end user software subscription transactions, distribution/reseller, contractor, vendor agreements, NDA, etc.
- Assist to develop the Companys set of standard contracts
- Draft, negotiate, and manage a variety of contracts (i.e., software end user subscription, SaaS, NDA, Statements of work, professional services, vendor, reseller, and distributor)
- Ensure all contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Support all functional units to interpret existing contracts and associated obligations and rights
- Identify potential improvements to existing contracting and other corporate policies
- Assist to ensure compliance with data privacy and information security laws and industry standards.
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating agreements for software businesses
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data privacy and information security laws and industry standards.
- BS or BA degree required; JD preferred
- Strong working knowledge of warranties, limitations of liability, software licensing, open source software, indemnities, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Excellent technical knowledge and abilities (i.e., must be proficient with Excel and showcase experience with a contracts lifecycle management tool)
- Working knowledge of international contract law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Proven persuasion, negotiation and judgment skills
- Multi-lingual (e.g., German, French, Spanish)
- An understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server) and the broader market opportunity
- While this opportunity is open to candidates based anywhere in the U.S., preference for someone located near our HQ in Bedford, MA
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.