Creative - Copywriting Co-op
January 10th, 2022 - June 24th, 2022
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE OCTOBER 1st. All candidates who apply on or before October 1st will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more. As a Co-op in this department, you will be placed within one of these distinct groups and have the opportunity to add value by driving projects, working with a diverse group of people and diving into complex problems. More on these distinct groups below:
- Promo: The campaigns team is responsible for Wayfairs largest sales. We partner with the design and brand team to create a concept inspiring creative that reaches all customer touchpoints. You might see your content on Wayfairs site, social feeds, or in your friends inboxes.
- Broadcast: The Broadcast/Online Video team is responsible for creating Wayfairs video content: TV, Online Video, Paid and Organic Social, internal videos, PR, and more. We work cross-functionally with marketing to strategically create content that is memorable, engaging, emotive, and high performing.
- Brand Editorial: The Brand Editorial team is a team of content creators who build inspirational, shoppable content about the home space. This team supports all stages of content creation, oversees distribution through email and social channels, and analyzes engagement of various customer groups on Wayfair, Wayfair CA, and Wayfair Registry.
What You'll Do
- Creative concepting
- Conduct competitor research to keep a pulse on what other brands are doing to stay fresh, relevant, and engaging
- Keep a trained eye on industry trends to contribute new ideas for successful content
- Working with suppliers to bring their brand to life
- Pitch, write, and edit copy
- Pre-production tasks
- Sourcing imagery, music, and video footage
- Track content performance
- Help with day-to-day operations, including administrative duties.
What You'll Need
- Portfolio or examples of relevant work.
- Interest in advertising, video, photography, copywriting or design
- Hungry self-starter always looking for new ways to contribute
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be nimble if priorities/workflows change
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to take smart risks
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.