Who We Are:
The Creative Group at Wayfair is one of the largest and most diversified internal agencies in the country, with deep expertise across the full spectrum of digital, 3D, and physical (print, retail, experiential) creative disciplines. The Creative Group is central to Wayfairs strategy as a digital-first leader in All Things Home. Through creative, we engage our customers with a differentiated experience of our products and our brands that delights while driving long-term value and loyalty. Our talented team is composed of multidisciplinary creative, production, strategy and operations professionals generating engaging advertising campaigns, best-in-class consumer experiences and scalable brand systems.
What Youll Do
We are looking for a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of brand, design and the customer experience to impact the future direction of the Wayfair business. As Executive Creative Director, you will empower the creative teams to develop the creative vision of the Wayfair brand, concept marketing campaigns and oversee ongoing creative execution. This leader will play a critical role in building brand awareness and consideration, as well as driving customer acquisition and retention.
The Executive Creative Director must bring experience in building and leading creative teams. This leader is a manager-doer who can delegate well but is not afraid to occasionally get hands-on with the work. This leader understands how to balance robust, idea-driven work with high volume, day-to-day production needs. Above all else, the Executive Creative Director understands that achieving business results is the most important measure of success for the Creative Group.
- Frame and drive a distinctive creative vision for Wayfair
- Orchestrate, nurture and inspire disciplines in the creation of that vision across its varied executions (print, video, digital, experiential, imagery, etc)
- Partner with your business stakeholders to navigate business priorities and demands, and with Project Management to scope work and build project plans that properly set the team up for success
- Lead cross functional partners through the creative process, building strategic arguments for the creative, and upholding the integrity of the idea through production
- Ideate integrated programs with cross-functional partners and execute across disciplines
- Lead multiple large, complex projects and be a role model for interdisciplinary teams
- Monitor and review all creative output of department ensuring brand standards
- Embrace the role research and testing play in de/refining brand and creative ideas and optimizing executional work
- Recruit uncommon and exceptional talent to Wayfairs Creative Group
- Cultivate strong creativity, without sacrificing speed and agility. Know when to be great and when to just get it done.
Who You Are:
- Creative visionary who is equally skilled at concepting as executing
- Seamless collaborator within and across disciplines
- Dynamic presenter, able to engage senior level partners, instill confidence with business partners and build a strategic narrative for each creative solution
- Cultivator of positive morale who is able to proactively address issues that dampen in
What Youll need
- 15+ years creative industry experience; previous in-house experience is preferred, with knowledge of how to navigate complex matrixed organizations
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to formulate a brand vision, and ideate and execute innovative strategies to support brand initiatives
- A track record of building strong lasting partnerships and fostering teamwork
- Strong business writing, storytelling, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in your creative ideation
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following industries is preferred: Home/Lifestyle, Consumer Packaged Goods, Luxury/Fashion, Retail, Ecommerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.