Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The curriculum developer will be responsible for the creation of product training courses that enable customers, partners, and employees to effectively use, administer, and configure Veeva products. Must be passionate about developing engaging online content that boosts end user performance, confidence and satisfaction. You should welcome the opportunity to constantly learn new skills at a quick pace to keep up with product enhancements and changes in the teams design and development processes.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and there are no work location requirements if you are local to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work under the direction of the Practice Manager and assigned SMEs to shape instructor-led and e-learning modules for role-based users.
- Given course objectives, product use cases, and technical resources (product documentation, presentations, and videos), Create immersive, learner centric courses that achieve the stated objectives.
- Work both independently and cross-functionally with subject matter experts to shape effective instructional content using realistic business examples and appropriate hands-on activities.
- Reverse engineer internal content (presentations, webinars, documentation) into instructional content.
- Create validation activities to measure learning attainment of course objectives.
- Update and improve existing training materials and production methodologies
- Apply the latest ideas, methods and quantitative data to improve learning experience and outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, English, Education, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent.
- 2+ experience designing and developing software related courses.
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
- Strong technology (SaaS) and content development skills.
- Superb technical troubleshooting skills and ability to master new software applications
- Experience with rapid e-learning development tools (Articulate Storyline, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate) and learning management systems.
- Occasional travel (up to 5% per month).
Nice to have
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Master's Degree in Instructional Design or a related field is desirable
- Experience with Veeva products is a plus.
- Graphic design background
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.