The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Our growing Training Team is looking for a Database Trainer who is excited about teaching and engaging with EDB Postgres Advanced Server and PostgreSQL users of all experience levels. This role will primarily deliver mainly virtual and some onsite (when safe to do so) training to our customers and partners.
- Deliver PostgreSQL and EDB product portfolio training courses virtually or onsite, to customers/partners staying on the leading edge of Postgres Database technology
- Lead the training and delivery of DBA or Database Developer courses
- Develop a customized training approach designed around the needs of a new customer
- Setup virtual lab environments when needed on AWS or Google Cloud Engine
- Help participants with hands-on lab exercises during training deliveries
- Review content material and be proficient on new and existing courses
- Identify and document product requirements and feature sets for emerging product enhancements
- Collaborate with peers in training projects and work as part of a cross-organizational, virtual team
- ~3+ years of experience with Postgres or other major relational databases
- Proven face to face and virtual training skills
- Advanced knowledge of technical content for a leading database technology
- Good knowledge of Linux shell command for virtual labs and demos
- The ability to simplify complex concepts using PowerPoint slides
- Proven ability to learn complex technical topics quickly and to research and troubleshoot independently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Track record of delivering on time, with quality, and to standards
- Able to travel up to ~25% (once its safe to do so)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or applicable experience
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or Oracle database is a plus
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.