Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Customer Experience organization to drive the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. The Customer Experience Interns play a key role on the team by contributing to projects on the Customer Success and Implementation teams, as well as directly supporting our customers as they leverage Benchling to transform how their research teams work together.
- Develop deep knowledge of our products and our customers, including industry segments, the types of research they perform, and how their science is performed in Benchling
- Be the first line contact for customer questions and issues, work with the appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, product management, customer success), to solve problems and manage them through to resolution
- Provide strong written documentation for a variety of user communications including direct user questions, internal research, FAQ/knowledge content, and others
- Partner with our Training team to develop and optimize training programs including web-based and video collateral
- Support the Customer Success and Professional Services teams in a wide variety of user facing activities
WHAT YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Projects that expand your learning & understanding of business needs of biotechnology clients
- Projects that expose you to software implementations
- Projects that expose you to project management, client engagement, etc.
- Are working towards a BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field
- Have prior experience in a lab or research setting to help you quickly understand complicated scientific concepts and empathize with scientists
- Are an excellent communicator who can quickly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics, to industry scientists, to project leads
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills with experience developing various forms of content and presentations
- Are a self-starter who is autonomous and proactive, with the ability to be successful in a fast paced startup environment with sometimes ambiguous situations
- Are curious, creative, and tenacious. You will be an advocate for customers, and musty willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard and sometimes unglamorous work required to make them successful
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.