Its never been more important to create strategic relationships between customers and the companies that serve them to ensure that customers are recognizing value from their investments, adopting new functionality, and serving as an advocate for the company.
The Customer Marketing Manager at BitSight is responsible for defining, executing, analyzing and managing the post-sale customer journey with a maniacal focus on driving customer engagement, increasing customer value realization, reducing customer churn and improving advocacy. This person is a strategic partner to every department, thinking long-term and is responsible for developing cross-functional strategies that impact product development, customer success, account management and marketing.
This strategic role is charged with helping BitSight maintain (and continue to gain) a competitive edge in the market. The right candidate will have skills that span from strategic market and data analysis through to creating engaging marketing and adoption programs and motivating customer advocates. This person builds strong relationships with customers through engaging marketing campaigns, creates value realization programs that span the entire organization, and builds a community of fanatic BitSight advocates. While this person needs to work independently, they know how to collaborate with other departments to create a great customer experience and achieve business goals.
This is the right role for a natural storyteller and full-stack marketer who is excited by the prospect of owning everything from customer analytics to program execution.
- Map and manage the customer journey, aligning measurable marketing efforts to drive service adoption and value realization of BitSight products by use case.
- Develop data-driven analyses of customer and market sentiment, including Net Promoter Score, churn analysis and competitive intelligence.
- Strategize and execute targeted, multi-channel programs measured by increased renewals, referrals, and product engagement.
- Create strategy and own all aspects of the Customer Reference Program, designed to identify and secure customers as advocates to build impactful and compelling customer stories, testimonials, videos, and to participate in PR, media, prospect calls and events that showcase the business benefits and outcomes.
- Build relationships with customers to ensure continued value and success throughout the relationship lifecycle.
- Partner closely with Customer Success and Account Management teams to build strategic, scalable programs for engagement, renewals, upsell, and expansion opportunities.
- Develop and own the customer communications strategy, cadence, and calendar, that educates customers about BitSight products and services and evangelizes the BitSight brand. including customer newsletters, webinars and product updates.
- Develop a content strategy for customer engagement including value realization, customer engagement and customer advocacy (including case studies, references and a customer speakers bureau).
- Capture customer feedback in a meaningful and quantifiable fashion, using it to inform product roadmap development, sales strategy and customer success programs.
- Own and manage the Customer Advisory Board, including evaluating overall objectives, events and touchpoints.
- Own the strategy for growing the number of reviews on peer review sites, working with Customer Success and Accounts Management teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or communications.
- 3-5 years of Customer Marketing experience; strong preference for SaaS and B2B experience.
- Data-driven marketing approach, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits.
- Experience in developing customer messaging and translating complex technology to compelling stories.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive measurable customer engagement and advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external customers to drive results.
- Strong customer focus and business orientation, with ability to engage senior executives through professional communications.
- Strong analytical skills combined with an attention to detail.
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce and B.I./analytics platforms strongly preferred.