Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
As the Director of Global Customer Marketing and Referencing you will build strong relationships with customers to engage their participation in ongoing marketing campaigns. Your mission is to build a community of fanatic brand advocates who can tell the world about their success using Brightcove technology. You will work directly with the global sales and marketing teams to increase customer advocacy by creating referrals, written and video testimonials, and references, as well as helping to identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities, and increase loyalty and retention. This position requires creative marketing and communication skills to engage and motivate customer advocates. You are a personable, outgoing marketer and effective communicator who acts as a liaison between customers and the rest of the organization. You can work independently, but also collaborate with other departments to create an incredible customer experience and reach business goals.
- Build rapport with customers to engage them as active participants in Brightcoves ongoing marketing programs.
- Be the Marketing liaison to the Customer Success team and provide information that helps to drive renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, marketing events, webinars, videos, etc.
- Define, develop and execute customer engagement and communication programs in collaboration with the Customer Success team including customer advisory boards, in-person/virtual events or user groups, webinars, annual conferences, awards programs, and ongoing nurture campaigns.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives.
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis, ensuring their active participation in marketing programs.
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories.
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with marketing operations to implement.
- Create special marketing content for account management/customer success to help at-risk customers with training.
- 7-10 years marketing experience with a key focus on Customer Success and/or Account Management.
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy, and increase brand value.
- Ability to write effective copy is a necessity; graphic design capabilities are a plus.
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes.
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers.
- Interpersonal skills to help nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams.
- Incredibly creative marketing, editorial / writing, and communication skills.
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and help improve the customer experience.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!