Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Our Customer Success Management (CSM) team works alongside our Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams to help customers maximize the value of their Benchling investments. CSMs will work directly with our customers, and develop strategies and tactics to drive adoption, promote usage of new features, recommend best practices, and ensure there is ongoing expansion of Benchling within our customer base. CSMs will know how to identify areas of improvement, and how to work with customers and internal teams to drive progress on customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders at our customers organizations
- Define and implement customer lifecycle touch points, including business reviews, customer sat surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others
- Develop programs to drive adoption and retention of Benchlings solutions
- Create goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics based on each customers objectives, and review progress on a regular basis with the customer and with CS leadership
- Demonstrate and promote the latest features and capabilities Benchling is releasing, ensure customers are utilizing key product features to maximize success
- Identify client challenges and risk areas, develop solutions, and execute proactively to avoid churn, collaborating with other Benchling teams including Support, Services, Product, and Sales, as required
- Align and collaborate with Sales on renewal forecasts and up-sell strategies, with a focus on customer retention
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a seamless customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Partner with Solutions Consulting and Product Marketing to determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate customer ROI
- Must have a BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar Life Science field with 2+ years experience in Life Sciences, ideally in a lab or research setting.
- 5+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, or Consulting experience in a SaaS software environment with the ability to forge relationships with users, decision makers, and influential stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to immediately interface and build trust with Scientists, as well as Director & VP Level Business and IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence without authority, hands on enterprise implementation experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate confidently and concisely in verbal, written and presentation formats to all types of audiences
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to travel 20-30% based on customer needs
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.