Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
The Customer Support team works directly with customers, helping them with questions related to our products, their orders and their dogs results. In this role, you will respond to and resolve customer inquiries, including unique and complex requests, while learning about canine genetics.
What you'll do:
- Respond to customer inquiries related to our products, our process, and canine genetics, including customer's results
- Record customer interactions, capturing details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken using Zendesk (CRM)
- Troubleshoot customer problems efficiently and effectively
- Identify issues that need additional assistance and escalate as needed
- Represent Embark Vet in a professional manner
- Meet metrics related to service level, performance, and customer satisfaction
- Learn advanced concept about canine genetics, including interpreting results
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What experience were looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 2-4 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- College/Associates Degree or equivalent; 6 months to 3 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- Experience working with dogs, in either a veterinary setting or with breeders, is a plus
- Experience with Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable translating complex scientific and/or technical concepts into easy to understand, actionable information for our customers
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Must love dogs!
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.