At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Global Cybersecurity (GCS) GRM US BISO Team is actively searching for a Cybersecurity Solution Engineer to provide focused engagement and security consultation with application teams on specifications, implementation, and development of secure applications.
- Provide focused engagement, consultation, and assistance to market teams through the cybersecurity lifecycle.
- Partner with engineering and applications teams to foster awareness, provide training and assistance with Threat Modeling, Risk Management, Secure Development Practices, and other security related topics as needed.
- Enhance awareness and visibility into the market security posture by designing and maintaining reliable consistent security metrics.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Risk Teams to ensure an enterprise consistent and disciplined analysis is performed to communicate the severity of any threats discovered
- Align with various Central IT and Privacy teams to provide additional market specific information or deeper technical support as needed (ex. CSOC, SecDevOps, Risk, etc.)
- Champion and communicate Enterprise cybersecurity initiatives that require Market involvement or action.
- Partner with Enterprise and Market Architects, Engineers and Developers to establish and evaluate controls and assist in the standardization of design patterns.
- Assessment of new market specific technologies or patterns.
- Work with Enterprise Product Management, Engineering, and Operations team to represent Market business requirements, levels of demand, and impact on technical architecture including considerations for Market profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Serve as an additional level of support during high priority initiatives, security/privacy incidents or specific investigations as needed.
- Participate in Market Portfolio team's PI planning sessions, as appropriate
- Recommend improvements to operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness; provides input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architecture within a business domain or portfolio.
- Analyze highly complex systems and technical issues to implement technologies that align with strategic technical direction.
- Guide the development of applications, systems, technical, and product standards based on long range plans and strategy. In coordination with Architecture, research and make recommendations relative to new technologies.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternatives documentation and architectural designs that meet business requirements; oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades, or support issues.
- Contribute toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project within a Market and/or Infrastructure organization.
- Develop and lead effective working relationships with clients, IT management and staff to achieve results in a highly complex environment.
- Serve as day-to-day security technology team lead and mentor Security Analysts.
- Day to day operational tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or related technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally, a minimum of 10 years related technology experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT security principles and practices, strategies and methodologies; in addition to business operations, strategies and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of global business technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of software engineering languages and tools; exposure to new and emerging technologies.
- Software development skills with exposure to wide-ranging technology topics.
- Ability to mentor and train others as one of the technology guides within the company.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills; ability to influence and persuade.
- Highly developed oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with a variety of programming tools, networking devices, and or application tiers.
Extraordinary applicants will have:
- Either a strong coding background to serve as a hands-on security technical expert working directly with application teams to provide guidance and ensure security through vulnerability assessments and penetration tests or have a strong in-depth knowledge of application deployments including FW, WAF, DB, 3rd party configuration, etc.
- Consistent track record of being a change agent in their current organization.
- Out of the box thinking who are willing to focus and contribute
- Experience designing and implementing security standards and procedures to ensure the security, reliability, and accessibility of data, applications, networks, and infrastructure components