About Purple Carrot
We’re on a mission to help people Eat More Plants™, and we need your expertise!
Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014: Today, we are leading the charge for people to adopt a plant-based lifestyle in their homes and on-the-go. Purple Carrot’s irresistible, globally-inspired recipes, fresh ingredients, and meals are available in the U.S. and Japan.
We’re a team of dedicated and passionate people who are motivated to change the world for the better and have fun doing it. Here’s what you’re up for!
Purple Carrot is on a mission to cultivate the plant based revolution, one meal at a time. We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. As an integral part of the Data department, you will join forces with the Senior Data Manager (to whom you will also report) in our continued effort to help people eat more plants!
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about data analysis. If you’re interested in uncovering trends, solving problems, and building tools to find efficiencies, this job is for you! This position will play an important role in supporting Purple Carrot in making highly informed decisions as we grow and expand.
As the Data Analyst you will be focused on getting into the details of analysis and pulling up to see the broader business needs. This position is highly cross functional - though you’ll technically work on the data team, you’ll be accountable and reporting to stakeholders in different business functions across the company, including top leadership.
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Open to candidates in MA, NJ; NY; RI; Cleveland, OH; Pittsburgh, PA; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Chicago, IL; Las Vegas, NV; Denver, CO
- Travel: potential for office visits ~1x/quarter
On the Plate
- Gather requirements to build and maintain data analyses, models, visualizations and interactive dashboards that will drive business decisions (in BI tools, web analytics platforms, and excel).
- Leverage web analytics tools to be the main point of contact for site analysis and optimization.
- Use emerging tech and tools to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights.
- Use data to independently uncover and explore problems that no one else is aware of.
- Translate results of analysis for both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the company.
- Support data migrations in order to automate repeatable tasks and KPI tracking throughout the business.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
Main Ingredients for the Role
- 3 years of experience in data analytics
- Proven proficiency and flexibility to perform analyses in SQL, Excel, BI tools, or whatever is best suited for the problem
- Proven proficiency in basic statistics
- Proven experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap, etc.)
- Proven experience with business intelligence tools (we use Looker!) and relational databases
- Familiarity with ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Extra Special Sauce
- Strong internal and external communicator; able to read people and situations and adapt behavior accordingly. Can use data to tell a story to non-technical audiences.
- You enjoy out-of-the-box problem solving with a proven ability to dig deep into data to uncover business insights and recommendations.
- Enthusiastic investigator with proven experience validating and troubleshooting data problems.
- Structured thinker who can bring organization to any problem and is able to manage multiple projects concurrently with cross-functional coordination.
- Good attitude and willing to explore, test, and innovate.
- Excitement for working in a dynamic team environment with a high level of ambiguity and potential
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (professional development, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, credit toward free Purple Carrot boxes, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with co-workers who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrot’s top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. Due to COVID, the majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we have extensive precautions in place, following the CDC, WHO, and state guidelines.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.