Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Data Center Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Manager, Capacity Planning, this individual will need to forecast space and power and ensure there are networked and powered racks available and ready to receive servers for both customer facing products and internal infrastructure teams.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Model and manage all rack requirements from internal teams to develop strategic long range plans for data center capacity, space and power expansions and new builds
- Work with Procurement teams to source data center space and power expansions
- Perform data center space planning by tracking rack and space availability and allocating to forecasted requirements
- Coordinate with Procurement, Network, and Datacenter teams to execute and minimize risks on rack purchases and deployments
- Record and track the provisioning of new racks and power in various systems
- Work with Infrastructure teams to understand the impact of new technology and architecture on data center capacity (i.e servers, networking, storage, data center design, etc.)
- Analyze power utilization metrics and create models at various levels of electrical infrastructure
- Contribute to capital budget planning process at an annual, quarterly and ad hoc basis
What Well Expect From You:
- Prior experience in a planning role, preferably at a data center or colocation company
- Working knowledge of fundamental data center resource constraints
- A basic understanding of power infrastructure
- Knowledge of dependencies within and between data center resources, design, and equipment resiliency planning
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- Experience in managing data structures (using Excel, SQL) to build reports and run analysis
- Experience with DCIM or other planning software utilities a plus
- Exposure toor interest incloud services, data center, networking and various types of server technology would be beneficial
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!