Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing thats built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilons award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the worlds top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About Epsilon PeopleCloud Discovery
Epsilon PeopleCloud Discovery empowers users with a deep understanding of millions of peopleon a marketing platform that unites audience insights, segmentation, creative analysis, media planning and digital activation. It includes a consistent, transparent, best-in-class approach to data, analytics solutions, partnerships and technology via a closely joined network of engineers, technology experts, product designers, analysts and data scientists all empowering marketing and digital business transformation.
A Data Engineer will use his or her hands-on expertise in Spark/Hadoop, Scala programming, Linux scripting, AWS, DevOps and API technologies to expand and optimize People, data flows, infrastructure, APIs and data pipelines to support the Epsilon PeopleCloud Discovery Platform. The successful candidate will develop, maintain, and debug large-scale real-time data workflows. He or she will work across functional teams and collaborate very closely with the VP of Data Engineering to develop and deploy features. Additionally, the right candidate will be passionate about learning new things, curious about handling large data sets and be proactive about finding, communicating, and troubleshooting any issues that may come up in daily data processing.
- Write code for new features.
- Ensure data quality by implementing best practices.
- Ensure code quality by developing robust test cases.
- Think automation first!
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues as they come up.
- Understanding of cloud computing, distributed computing and scalability principles.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of NoSQL or columnar databases.
- Strong knowledge of data structure and, algorithms.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well within agile environment.
- Degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- 2+ years hands-on data engineering software
- Must have development expertise using Scala.
- Exposure to cloud services in AWS
- Knowledge of relational databases using SQL.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development Practices.
- Nice to have experience working in Spark.
- Nice to have experience working with Python.
- Nice to have experience with real time streaming and/or search databases.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilons policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.